Upstream Process Development Associate
HCW Biologics, an immunotherapeutic developer for treatments of cancer and aging-associated pathologies, is looking for a Research Associate for Upstream Process Development.The Research Associate is responsible for contributing to mammalian cell culture process development and operation at HCW Biologics to optimize and validate existing clinical product manufacturing process and to develop and characterize upstream processes of novel recombinant proteins for transferring to clinical/commercial manufacturing.
Specifically, this role will:
- Timely execute all aspects of upstream mammalian cell culture operations, including cell expansion and fed-batch/perfusion methodologies, assembly, sterilization, calibration, operation and control of small-scale single use and glass bioreactors, analysis of cell growth, metabolic activity and productivity and methods for harvest clarification
- Support the development of upstream processes for novel pipeline products and monoclonal antibodies for research and development efforts
- Compile data to support/contribute to technical/development reports for technology transfer and regulatory submission
- Support technology transfer to contract manufacturing organizations
- Develop and perform analytical methods on cell culture media to support process development
- Support troubleshooting of technical issues and process improvement for higher efficiency
- Maintain scientific excellence and attention to detail
- Work collaboratively with project teams to advance Company goals
- M.S. or B.S. in Biotechnology related Scientific / Engineering field.
- 1+ years of Biopharma, Biopharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industry/academia experience
- Experience with scalable mammalian (CHO) cell culture processes for production of recombinant fusion proteins and antibodies
- Hands-on experience with single use and glass bioreactors (e.g., Sartorius Biostat/DCU®, Eppendorf/New Brunswick® or Applikon®)
- Knowledge of Design of Experiment approaches for process optimization
- Ability to produce high quality and timely reports
- Preference will be given to candidates with one or more of the additional skills: protein engineering and production, cell line screening and development, protein purification and characterization methodologies and/or assay development
- Fluency with MS Office suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, a collaborator/ team player, open minded to the diverse opinions of others
If the position you’re looking for isn’t currently available, you can submit a resume for future consideration here.